Monday, March 15, 2010

Bowling in Montgomery

Lisa and I went to Montgomery this past weekend so she could bowl in the Women's State Tournament. I headed out on Saturday around eight and stopped in Pelham to pick her up. When I pulled into the parking lot I called her ~ NO answer! So, I sent her a text "I'm here". She quickly answered by calling me "I just woke up, my alarm didn't go off. . . " I pulled out the book I'm reading and waited for her to shower and throw a few things in a bag.
Lisa and I on our "adventure"
(code for we got lost)
Lisa, Alana, Sheila, and Kristie
Time to bowl!
What would a trip with Lisa be
without the tongue photo??
Kristie and Lisa were doubles
partners. Kristie bought them
matching tee shirts.
The first day went well then we headed out to find our hotel (another "adventure") Lisa and I went to "Red Lobster" for dinner ~ she had her favorite ~ crab legs. We ventured on to the mall which was a BIG disappointment because their "American Eagle" had closed! HOW DARE THEY!?!?
Lisa was exhausted.
The Gutter Girls
Before the games began
Lisa and her hat
Tournament rules stated "NO HATS" and Lisa always bowls with a hat. Sunday, she took her hat with her and left it on the counter in front of me ~ between turns, she would come sit by me and put her hat on. She bowled a 178! She told her teammates "it's all about the hat!"

2 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Great pics of you guys! You are both beautiful! Looks like a fun weekend...wish I could have been there:-)

Boogie said...

wish you could have too and it was fun but very tiring....I am STILL pooped! miss and love you jen!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...