Saturday, September 5, 2020

Well, here we go....

To the person that was “being a rebel” and not wearing a mask ~ thank you.  You wanted to take it on ~ you’re strong ~ you can handle it?  I have no idea where I picked up the Covid-19 but I guess it’s going to be a part of me for awhile.  Buck and I have been vigilant about wearing a mask and washing our hands. Imagine my surprise when I started to feel sick on August 21!?  What!?  Probably just the yearly crud....nope!  On August 22 I started with a fever ~ sometimes as high as 103 and lethargic ~ just couldn’t get going.  On August 25 I went back to Urgent Care and was tested positive ~ no biggy Right?  On August 26 I couldn’t walk across the room without huffing and puffing for breath.  Buck took me to the ER at the local hospital ~ I was admitted to the “Covid Unit”.  I did not SEE any family except for FaceTime ~ Snapchats ~ photos until September 1.  I had oxygen for all those days and they kept urging me to breathe deep ~ as an added bonus I had pneumonia.  I also got a five day round of Covid medicine and shots in my stomach every day to prevent blood clots.  The staff at Walker Baptist (is that the right name) were very kind ~ apologizing when they had to stick me AGAIN for blood work or to move my IV ~ got some pretty nasty bruises from that.  I got to come home with five days of medication and an inhaler.  I’m in lockdown until September 15th. I still have to remind myself to breathe deeper and I’ve read this may affect my heart.

I’m thankful that  I was the one that went to the hospital and not Buck.

In the interim ~ Mother was admitted to the hospital down the hall from me with a UTI and severe dehydration.  They say she had Covid ~ I’m not convinced.  I laid in my bed thinking I may never see her again and Please Lord if she is going to die let me go to her so she isn’t alone.

So yes ~ you little rebel ~ you do you

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...