Monday, July 20, 2009

Piece of Quiet?

Remember the days before cell phones. The days before cordless phones? If you weren't in the house ~ you missed the call. You didn't have an answering machine OR the person calling was one of those "I don't leave messages" people ~ you missed the call. If the person calling you didn't get an answer they would (A) call back later (B) jump in the car and come over to the house or (C) write you a letter.
Now if I wallk outside I carry a phone. If I go to town, I'm packin' the cell. I have a bluetooth so I can talk and drive legally.
Technically mine is a "red"tooth.
I've decided to shut it down for a part of each day just to have a piece of quiet. Does that make me UNAmerican? UNsocialable? UNpolitically correct? NOPE ~ it makes me sane. Quiet is good for the soul, the brain, and the body.
My lonely mailbox.
Don't get me started on writing REAL letters!
Thanks for reading. Big hug ~ kiss kiss

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...