Saturday, July 18, 2009

M-m-m-m Apple Pie

We have two apple trees in the back yard. The first summer there were NO apples. Last summer there were apples but they were eaten by the deer in the neighborhood or simply hung there until they fell off on the ground (not great when mowing underneath). This summer Buck has been "taste testing" the apples as they have grown and ripened. (Lisa's dog, Riley, even eats them occasionally) Yesterday, he - Buck not Riley -picked twelve he thought worthy of an apple pie. This morning I baked. I have an apple peeler, corer, slicer that I borrowed from Mother and Daddy but my apples were not perfectly round and didn't want to fit on the thing correctly. So, I peeled them, cored them and sliced them. The smell was wonderful and I am trying to resist the temptation of having a slice before Buck gets home. . . .Sure hope he's early!
Apples with sugar mixture
Not exactly "pretty" is it?
I may not look like Betty Crocker . . .
But I can bake an apple pie!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

I can just imagine the wonderful smells off your house right now. Makes me want to bake right now!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...