Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A pumpkin by any other name....

We went to a pumpkin patch and picked two orange and two white. Buck was gracious enough to help with the "gut" removal. One year, Jennifer toasted the seeds but this year ~ they got trashed. Nothing says Halloween like the smell of a freshly killed pumpkin. The girls got to help with the design options. Jennifer and I did the carving. Arie's job was to pick up some tea lights for illumination.
I did the ghost

Jennifer did Cinderella

and the spider

And I did Tinkerbell
Cinderella and Tinkerbell each have toothpicks holding those thin lines together ~ AND I only sliced one thumb!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read a poem to the girls about a dad who carves a turkey every year and also carves a little of himself too...made me think of you and your pumpkin/thumb caving. Great pics! Jen

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...