Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is a title necessary?

I think I shown this shield before. The original name for our family was Niebler, changed to Nibler ~ not sure why? Anyway, this shield is engraved on the family headstone in Springfield, Missouri. There are six plots ~ Buck's grandparents, three aunts, and his half sister are buried there.
Kim drove me to Springfield last week. I offered to pick up some snacks for the road. She wanted pretzels and a "sweet". I got her these "Peeps on a Stick". Available at WalMart. I offered to drive but she never asked so I enjoyed the ride ~ slept ~ talked ~ laughed ~ slept.

As we started the process of cleaning out closets and drawers we found all of this yarn. It is still in the EX while I decide if I want it or if I'm going to donate it to someone with nimble fingers.
We also found this bottle of "Old Crow" ~ surprise! The price sticker was $10.57. Buck said it was worth WAY more than that now....I left it on the chest.
Since I didn't want to buy groceries and cook while we were in Grace's house, we ate out. One of the cool spots we tried was "Which Wich ?" When you walk in there is a wall with these little bags on it ~ you take a bag, mark what you want then hand it to the cashier ~ they attach it to an order cord hanging over the kitchen ~ when you sandwich is finished ~ they put it into your bag....cool, huh?
Kim found this scarf and channeled her inner Lucy.
Then the scarf went around her neck and another scarf became her DO RAG!
Yeah ~ rock on!!!!
Buck and Kim left a day before me and I was sad to see them pull away. I took the day to call the telephone people, the cable people, the newspaper people. I was busy.
I did take time out to check out the rings we found in jewelry boxes.
They erected Chuck's monument. We haven't been able to get down to see it yet but Lisa sent us this picture. Chuck is buried in a National Cemetery since he served in the Seabees (Navy) during Vietnam. He is buried deeper and Retta will be buried on top of him ~ she doesn't qualify for a space of her own since she did not serve in the military. I'd never heard of that before, have you?

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...