Saturday, May 23, 2009

And this is Jennifer

The look
Ready to go shovel snow? Beautiful, yes?
Reading with the girls.

Jennifer, or Jen, is our oldest daughter. We always called her Jennifer but when she went away to school she turned into a Jen. She is the mother of two wonderful little girls, Sarah and Claire, and wife to a great guy named Arie. They live in Colorado and we have a standing phone call "appointment"on Thursdays. She is a dental assistant.
What can I say about her? She was a gymnast and ballerina growing up. She waterskiied when she lived with us but has learned to snowboard since living in Colorado. Now, sometimes I wonder who raised her! She eats much healthier than we fed her and exercises like a dynamo! I walk with her when I go to visit (she is nice enough to slow down for me) but the girl can WALK! She is very involved with her children, getting Sarah ready for kindergarten in the fall and trying to figure out what to do with Claire's hair. She is soft spoken and kind and we are very proud of her.
I wrote about her last because when people ask me about our children I usually name them in age order: Jennifer, Kim, and Lisa. You've read lots about Lisa so I thought I would tell you a little about Kim and then Jennifer. (As I've said before, I am a middle sister and believe older sisters don't necessarily have to come first ALL the time) We love all three of our girls. They each bring us pleasure in their own way. No one should ever wish all their children were alike 'cause ~ where's the fun in that??

1 comment:

boogie said...

i miss my sister...cant wait till they come down!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...