Saturday, May 2, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame!

First baseman
Pitcher
Down and ready at Short Stop
Working the "chatter"
It's a HIT!
Ready to steal
Roundin' 3rd
Wait for the dust to settle. . .SAFE!
How do you watch a ballgame? I watch #44 (the rest of the team are just background). I never know what position Jakob will be in when I arrive at the ball field. Sometimes he plays short stop,or he may be pitcher, or catcher, or first baseman. I've learned a lot about baseball since moving to Alabama. They start with tee ball ~ which is HILARIOUS then move up to coach pitch ~ then player pitch. This year Jakob's age gets to steal bases! Something new to watch for! Maybe I will get some photos of Topher playing soon ~ in his case I watch #00. They got rained out today ~ giving me time to blog for y'all.

We are into May and that means Jennifer and the girls will be here THIS MONTH. Kim and the boys will be out of school soon. Lisa is thinking about moving to the Birmingham area. Other events? My dad will be 80 on May 15th. I helped him fix both of his riding lawn mowers recently. He never would have asked for help when he was younger but I keep telling him it's my turn to do for him and he can just sit and point at what he needs. He and Teresa got out on both mowers one day this week and had their yard done in an hour and a half.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Great action shots!!!
We are doing t- ball, and both the girls are on the same team! It keeps me entertained trying to watch both of them at once!

The Willenbrecht's said...

Cool pic of Jakob hitting the ball! Thanks for all of those...I wish I could be there some times.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...