Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lesson Learned!

Ever been at a baseball game when you hear everyone yell "Heads up!?" Well, I'm here to tell you they DON'T mean "heads up" ~ what they mean is "DUCK AND COVER!" I attended Topher's ballgames yesterday and was happily enjoying the games (which they won) and visiting with the people around me when a young man named Mason popped one OVER the ten foot fence. I looked up and "KAPOW!" I heard ringing in my ears ~ it was a surreal experience. One observer said it sounded like a pumpkin being thumped (I have an empty head??) They were quick to bring me ice and Kim was kind enough to straighten my glasses ~ they didn't break but the frame bent. Mason's mother brought him over to apologize and I assured him I knew it wasn't on purpose. Skoot offered to get me a helmet for the rest of the game. LOL
This is how it looked at the ball field.
and when I got home
(Buck asked me
"why didn't you just catch it?")
Good morning to day two of the black eye.
(actually it is a lovely shade of purple)

What should I wear to church this morning
that is going to compliment this??

2 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Don't you have a purple spaghetti strap dress you picked up here? That would go nicely with the eye. Hope you are feeling okay.

Teresa Culpepper said...

Is it gonna get any worse???? Man... That is one big purple eye!! Bet that felt real good when it happened.Probably didn't know what hit you for a little bit, huh? Hope it goes away sooner that later! LOL

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...