Saturday, February 26, 2011

Road Trip to West Virginia

I was thrilled when Buck told me he was going to West Virginia and that I could tag along. We left on Tuesday and were back on Thursday ~ whew! I saw places I've never been before and slept through a few I may never have the chance to see again.
The purpose of our trip was so Buck could check out some equipment they may buy for the coal company (Reed Energy). This is a loader....he also checked out a hoe and a something else that I forget the name of...sorry.
On Wednesday while he "shopped", so did I. I went to the Charleston Town Center Mall. It was HUGE and I had to pay to park because it was "town center". I got my walk in that day, for sure! I didn't buy anything but it was fun and I toured the downtown area.
Can you believe they had TWO Game Stop stores?
I'm looking for a new game for the PS3.
And,what's a trip to the mall without a walk through of the bookstore.
They were having a SALE!
I met one of my demons at the mall....
I was brave and walked away ~ hurrah!
West Virginia Coal miner's hat
sold at the toy store
Thursday was rainy and the drive home was WET! I started the drive and Buck took over for the section that took us through Nashville. (only fair since I did five o'clock traffic there on the way up)
The view from the P2
Look closely and you will see the tall
buildings of Nashville wrapped in FOG
We made it back around 8:30 at which time I crashed ~ oblivious to the storm that blew through that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool mom...looks like a nice trip. The walk through the mall seemed like a nice day for you. Good job skipping the Starbucks!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...