Monday, April 18, 2011

The rains came

One of the ponds on Country Club

overflowing....

Last Friday, it rained....and rained....and rained. I kept an eye out for a large gathering of animals two by two while I waited for the DirecTV person to show up....they didn't. After a call from the DirecTV people saying the repair person wasn't coming, I ventured out to do some errands. I drove responsibly being careful not to plow through high water.


At the entrance to the Country Club

water was rushing across the road

(I turned and went the other way)

In a toe-tally unrelated story.... do you know what this is?? Anyone? Anyone? According to Buck, it is part of a chain from a dragline (appropriate, yes?) We have one of these on either side of the drive. Last week, Buck ran into this one and knocked it over and the fence askew. When I went out to mow, I decided to right it.....bad idea!

These things are HEAVY but I thought I could flip it upright with the weedeater ~ WRONG!


It went up and then over onto my foot. Isn't it lovely?? Just in time for flip flops!!

2 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Oh, ouch! That looks awful. I hope it heals quickly. I did not know you had machine parts at the end of your drive. I will have to pay better attention when I get there next time.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! Love Kim

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...