Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ROAD TRIP....

A few weeks ago we had to journey to Springfield to take of some business.  Buck decided we would make it a ROAD TRIP!  Everyone knows he isn't the biggest fan of vacation so it was a pleasure to drive 1,500 miles with him and enjoy the scenery.
Typical Buck pose 
not the best vacation taker
(is that proper grammer??) 
We stopped in Arkansas
at Gaston's on the White River
a beautiful setting for relaxing 
Buck tried a timed photo
not bad ~ if I do say so myself 
Another shot of the river
quite swift ~ wouldn't want to fall in! 
The private landing area for
personal planes SHOULD have
given us pause ~ NOT
Don't even ask how much we paid for supper!
And here is ME 
always ready for a road trip
Dam on the White River
Is this the front?? 
Or is this the front??? 
As you can see
you can drive across the top of the dam!
This is me
"striking a pose" 
Buck and I attempted another
timed photo
(we were both cracking up)
The sign said BLACK bear
so why is it BROWN???
We traveled on, took care of business, and came back to Wheeler State Park in Alabama. Another lovely ~ quiet area where you just want to say "ahhhhhhhh".
Doesn't that look serene??
hmmmmm ~ was this sunrise
or sunset??? 
We drove through the camping area, across the bridge with the lock system, and through a parking lot filled with vehicles pulling boat trailers.  We spotted 21 deer!!  I won't bore you with 21 photos but here are a couple....okay three!
Right in the center of the photo
do you see it?? 
These two were just chilling beside the road
This guy was looking at US 
There were plenty of geese
Not my most flattering angle
THE END

3 comments:

The Merry Lurker said...

Hello, I'm the Merry lurker- New art blogger hoping for followers and feedback from talented artists and writers.

Please visit me at http://merrylurkerstudios.blogspot.com

I followed you!

Realizar calculo de rendimiento de una inversion said...

Good Site! I wondered if I would be able site some of your site and use a handful of items for a school assignment. Please let me know through email whether that would be fine. Thanks

Mari Garcia said...

wait! I love gueesesss! so cute :0)

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...