Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What happened to Mother's Day??

I was in Colorado for Mother's Day but after I got home there were other things to blog about.  I decided to just sit down today and do Mother's Day.  I missed my girls in Alabama but it was a treat to be with Jennifer and her family ~ we miss out on so many holidays with them.  She took me and Arie and the girls took her to Perkins for lunch/breakfast.  It was yummy!

Me and Jennifer ~ we are two mothers ~
we are both daughters ~ and each of us have two sisters
Sarah was so excited she HAD to flip! 
and again
As part of Mother's Day we went to the Windsor Greenhouse
and bought some plants and flowers. 
Jennifer and I each got a free mum
simply because we are one. 
The girls picked up the blooms
that had dropped to the ground. 
 They get to keep all they can find (at NO charge
Claire is just too cool ~ don't you think? 
Every girl should have a pair of rose colored glasses, yes? 
And Sarah was a ROCK STAR in her hoodie and shades!
When we got home from the greenhouse we potted the plants and flowers. 
 BUT FIRST we decorated the pots....
at least the ones the girls put their flowers in. 
 Each of them now has a pot they are responsible for. 
Sarah designed her own....
Claire let me help with hers ....a little 
Thinking....
drawing....
weeding..... 
child labor???? 
My Jennifer in her lovely gardening gloves that were
FREE with a mail in coupon. 
Petunias for the huge pot on the front porch 
A little help from the girlies... 
I know one of these is a tomato....can't remember the other two 
This is a lettuce that found a home on the picnic table
After all the shopping, pot designing, planting, watering, and supper.... 
Sweet dreams to two sweeties
(Sarah above and Claire below) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took that picture of us and put it up on facebook...did you notice? Nice post. I like the pictures of the girls asleep:=) I have a great one of Claire that I took this week when she fell asleep at the table. Looking for tickets to your house. HOping for a good deal here pretty quick!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...