Monday, July 26, 2010

Let me tell you

Let me tell you about my day. It's Monday. Yesterday Teresa and I decided we would get started early (6:30 a.m.) on the shrubbery at Mother's before it got too hot. I wake up at 5:30, was there by 6:15, and she was waiting. I managed to cut my extension cord with my hedge trimmer so I had to stop and fix that. She reached the end of her cord so she stopped trimming and started picking up. I attached my repaired cord to her cord and finished the shrubbery. I also cut some of the cane encroaching on the yard and applied a generous amount of weed killer to them. Teresa started shoveling dirt from around the ramp the Uncles Wayne built so that we could lay some cement. Think that may be a redo 'cause my concrete skills may not be up to spec.
After a run home, where I showered and pulled my hair up into a bun, I was off to Fultondale in search of a Chixos doll? Never heard of them? Me either until Sarah put them on her list for her birthday. I looked them up ~ they have them at Toys R Us and Target. When I got back to Jasper, I stopped at WalMart to pick up a few things (the boys are coming over tomorrow). As I walked in, the greeter offered me a map of the store. Why would I want a map?? By the time they print those things they've already moved stuff around again. I would rather work without a map ~ it's an adventure....will the tissues be on Aisle 5? Are the eggs in the back?

The day could have gone down the drain quickly but, everything worked out great. Mother's shrubbery is done, I found the Chixos, and I didn't get lost at WalMart!
Eight days until Jennifer and the girls arrive! Two weeks until Jakob and Topher go back to school. Kiss Kiss!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

:-) Can't wait to see you in person!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...