Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One week ~ two weeks ~ three weeks!

One week ~ sounds like a doable length of time, doesn't it? I would like to go ONE WEEK without ice cream. Ice cream is the monkey on my back! I love the way it tastes I enjoy it as it melts ~ it can be plain or dressed up with toppings or mix-ins. Ice cream ~ OH yeah!
Does this look like the face of
someone on a bender?
Fear not ~ Topher spent the night last night
and we were up until 2:30 this morning
playing "Harry Potter and the Goblin of Fire"
(Topher's name for the game)
We finished it this morning
before I took him home.
Whew!

Two weeks ~ the time until Jennifer and the girls arrive. I tried making cupcakes with caramel in the center last week per Sarah's request for her birthday. The caramel sank to the bottom. Tomorrow I will try a different approach. I'll keep you posted on the result. Wouldn't cupcakes taste great with ICE CREAM??

Today I succumbed to the lure of new notebooks. I was casually walking past the school supply section when the notebooks called out to me. I HAD to get new pens also, of course. There is something special about a new notebook with all those empty pages just waiting for someone to fill it with their next great novel, their deepest thoughts, or as in my case ~ their grocery list. LOL

Three weeks ~ School is just around the corner! Kim will start back, the boys will start back, Sarah will start back. I should try to learn something new this year! I'll write that in my new notebook!

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...