Monday, August 30, 2010

The boys

Kim and Skoot went to Tennessee this past weekend to Polishing the Pulpit. It's a week of spiritual renewal. They left last Thursday afternoon and returned Sunday since both of them had to be at work today. The boys stayed with Shirley and Charley (the other grandparents) Thursday and Friday nights. I picked them up around 11 am on Saturday. They got ALOT of video game time in, we watched three DVDs, went to ball practice, church, and lunch with Mother and Teresa.
At a lose for something to do??
Get yourself a DS
(hand held video game system)
Jakob ready for practice.
Jakob is playing fall ball in Jasper at Fowler Field. We went to practice on Saturday. Never thought they would stay ~ it was lightening for goodness sakes! Oh no, they waited... then started. It was fun to watch ~ I've only seen the games AFTER the hours of practice. Now I know what goes into the finished product. (A lot of repetition)

That's Jakob "leading off" 3rd base
They also practiced their coaches "signals" which of course I can not show photos of!
Topher
The boys and I went to Sunday school after Buck left for work. He met us at church for morning worship. Christopher looks as if he may be choking ~ not to worry ~ it is just the seatbelt.
Jakob
We decided Jakob looks as if his head is detached and sitting on his shoulder in this one. I snapped the two photos over the back of the driver's seat at a red light. Both boys were nicely dressed in polos and dress pants ~ very handsome.

No photo available
Our swimming days are officially over. The boys and I went swimming Saturday and Sunday but the water was at 76 degrees. This week I plan to get a new cover and since Buck is off work for Labor Day weekend we will close and cover the pool this weekend. Since it was the last weekend of swimming for the boys I let them go skinny dipping after I had exited the pool. There were some rules ~ like NO jumping from the sides and NO back floats. Both of them remarked they "felt free". Jakob said it was okay "cause Papaw used to do it". I reminded them that Papaw went swimming in a creek with his brothers and friends ~and that we do have a couple of neighbors. It was the highlight of the weekend.
Lisa sent this one to me after Nicole did her makeup. I think she may be an Alabama fan. Whaddaya think? I really like her with short hair ~ don't know what's going on with the flippy bang though. :-)

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...