Wednesday, August 25, 2010

There be frogs here!

A couple of years ago we had a "visitor" in the pool. It was a tiny green tree frog just minding his own business, swimming around ~ until Teresa dipped him out with the net while Kim watched from a perch on the side of the pool. This summer we have had one live frog and three dead ones! The dead ones have been in the "out basket" of all things. I think they are getting caught in the current. Whatever ~ a dead frog is preferred over a live one in the pool. We had a couple of very brave ones while Jennifer and the girls were here that ventured onto the deck ~ caught one and one got away. The boys like the bucket I keep by the filter because that is where I "store" the frogs. With the heat and the addition of a chorline tablet ~ they don't last long and we have some skeletal remains. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

I don't know if I would use the word, "Cool" to describe this infestation of gross creatures. But, I'm glad you do!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...