Friday, April 3, 2009

April Showers and the weather radio

April Showers
Scanning the skies
Buck's weather radio
Yesterday was a typical Southern weather day. The afternoon brought thunderstorms, threats of tornadoes, and rain . . . lots and lots of rain. Lisa works in Trussville and she called after work to see if it was safe for her to drive home. If you know me ~ you know I would have driven home storm or no storm but ... I digress. We couldn't get ahold of Buck so she said I should make the call ~ I'm all "come on home". But then I had an epiphany ~ I should call another dad and ask his opinion. "Tell her to stay there until it is safe" he said. Thanks ;-) That was what she wanted to hear.
I learned something during all of this. The weather radio that the girls gave their dad for his birthday works much better when it is on. I checked the tv stations, I went outside and scanned the skies and waited for the thing to shriek at me to let me know there was an alert. Upon closer examination I found out it wasn't even activated!!!!!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

I like your new background.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...