Thursday, April 30, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Is this a weed? I think I'll leave it.
The hyacinths from Grace look like they may survive!
The birdbath flower bed Jennifer planted
Most of it came back :-)
In the flower bed in the front yard
Around the tree out front
Plants going in today
Our veggie garden spot
We bought this place because Buck liked having space (big yard). I enjoy mowing but I'm not crazy about weeding. The people who lived here before us had flower beds here and there in the yard ~ no pattern or system of planting ~ it looks like they said "this looks like a good place for a flowerbed and plopped one there". I have a complaint about them because they chose to encircle them with concrete edgers. BIG PAIN to mow around so I have to weed eat around them and I don't care for weeding (see above) I am in the process of combining some, getting rid of some, and planting some stuff of my own. I am going to have to replant one of my tomato planters. I think I damaged the plant when I put it in 'cause it doesn't look so good today. This year we are going to have a veggie garden. Last week we tilled, then Buck spread fertilizer and we tilled, hopefully it will rain some where over the next couple of days and then we will plant ~ HuRrAy!? Just hope I can stay ahead of the weeds.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Your yard looks so fun and colorful! Makes me want to get out and plant. I think we will!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...