Thursday, April 9, 2009

I think I've found my Easter Bonnet!

I could always add a flower or a bow?
And it's versatile!
Guess I'll keep it as my mowing hat ;-)

When Wanda and I were younger we dressed alike one Easter in pink suits with pink purses, white gloves, the required black patent leather shoes, and white ankle socks. That was pre-hot curlers so we probably slept the night before with those crazy spongy rollers in our hair. Then a few years later Teresa and I dressed alike in polka dot dresses! I should find those pictures to share with you! Now NO ONE wants to dress like me LOL (Think it could be my choice in hats??) Women used to wear hats to church every service. I'm sure we had an Easter hat or two along the way. I remember Mother had a white rabbit fur hat among her collection. I've been told I have a 'hat' face ~ does that mean I look good in one because part of my face is covered?! I still like hats. I may just go out and buy myself a new one!

3 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Love this post. I was just talking with someone about hats and how you used to wear one a lot of Sunday's. Do you still have all of them or have you gotten rid of them?

Magras Don't Run said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magras Don't Run said...

Alas, my hats have gone the way of yard sales and the garbage can. I should start a new collection.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...