Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How was my day??

Christian and Jakob
(I know I should have faced the sun)
Doesn't that look tasty?????
The day started okay ~ I had breakfast, made lunch for Buck and Lisa, showered, went to the bank, and headed to Carbon Hill for Jakob's track meet. Good, right? I couldn't find the high school! I took the wrong exit going into Carbon Hill! Stopped for directions and still made it to the meet BEFORE the bus from Lupton got there, WHEW! It was a nice day for a track meet. Jakob ran in the 100 yard dash, 1600 meter relay, and the obstacle course. He didn't place in any of his events but that was okay ~ he didn't have to be in school and he was hangin' with his friends. After the meet I hustled to WalMart, came home and fed the dogs, checked the mail, and started supper (BIG MISTAKE) I was hurrying and left the chicken alone on the grill a "bit too long". Yikes! I thought I was only inside for 10 minutes but when I walked back out the garage was filled with smoke and the chicken was FLAMING! The lid was hot enough to burn my finger when I opened it ~ another BIG MISTAKE ~ I choked on the fumes. I quickly turned off the gas, opened the other side of the garage and turned on a fan to clear the air ~ P U! Buck was NOT amused when he came home to find charred (not char broiled) chicken sitting on the stove. Today? . . . .Salad ~ yeah! Can't burn that!

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...