Sunday, November 29, 2009

Editorial ~ If you say it ~ mean it

How often do you say "I love you"? Do you mean it or is it just a way to end a conversation ~ "I love you, buh bye". When you say "I'm here if you need me" does that mean ~ call if you need me and I will be there for you OR does that mean call if you need me and if it is "convenient" I'll be there for you? In the last few weeks, I've been reminded that people say what they think you want to hear. As we were watching Daddy struggle through his last days people were quick to say "call me" or "let me know if there is anything I can do". I have to say some were actually there ~ Uncle Wayne with his brownies, Uncle Wayne with his green tomatoes, Aunt Doris with her conversation, Uncle Jerry and Aunt Louise with their love and listening ears were very supportive for Mother when she needed them to rally around her to help hold her up. Then there were those who said it and didn't mean it. Those who we thought would be there but weren't. Those who talk a good game but don't deliver. Our children came and brought their children with them. Cousins and friends showed up to offer condolences. But the hole in my heart from Daddy's passing was widen when some chose not to come. I will remember. . . .

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...