Thursday, November 12, 2009

On the road

On Tuesday November 3rd I started for Alabama (by way of New Mexico). The drive was great and the weather clear. I left Jennifer's before she took Sarah to school. I drove straight down I-25 into New Mexico. I saw the "Mile High" stadium in Denver and the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. When I got close to Albuquerque, Wanda called with specific directions to their house. I made it with only one "little" bobble. Unlike my wonderful husband ~ I am not afraid to ask for directions so I stopped at a gas station and asked a man pumping gas where I should be. He was very nice and his directions were spot on. I don't like to see the girls sad but I have to admit it makes me feel special when they are sad when I leave. Claire was busy getting her hair "done" but I snapped a photo anyway.
Jennifer put on a "happy" face.
I drove past the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and could see the football field from I-25.
Talk about purple mountains majesty ~ WOW what a view!
A photo of the view from the last rest stop in Colorado.
Finally the WELCOME to New Mexico sign.
Wanda's front yard is NOTHING like mine ~ no acreage to mow.
Wanda was there to meet me when I made it to their house.
Wanda and Dennis have a nice backyard with this cute little fountain on the patio.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

That was a fun post. Arie and I should really take a little vacation down that way sometime. It is beautiful.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...