Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good ole boy ingenuity

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you ~ that is Jakob in the SNOW!
And here's one of Topher ~ also in the SNOW!So ~ Thursday Kim called and said "I'm sending you a couple of pictures to show you what the boys have been up to." I was not expecting SNOW! One of her students had gone by and told her that his dad was making snow and she should bring the boys by to play. He hooked his air compressor up, pumped water from their pond and was shooting it into the air. Needless to say, his house has been popular the last couple of days. He still has it running because NOW he is afraid to shut it off because of the water in the pipes.
Ain't that a kick in the head?
Today is Saturday and like hundreds of other people in the world I got up, wrote out my list of things to accomplish today and jumped in the shower. I hustled down to the post office to get a birthday gift in the mail to Jennifer, stopped by the bank for an ATM run, and dropped off a prescription at the pharmacy. "AH" I said to myself when I glanced at the clock, I have time to visit with Mother and Daddy today. We enjoyed our visit and I was out the door and on my way. I picked up my prescriptions ~ had a discussion with the pharmacist and journeyed on. Jakob and Topher had a basketball game today so of course I went to cheer them on. Leaving the gym I decided to forgo the victory lunch and headed to Wal Mart. IT WAS A MADHOUSE!!!! The weather person on the radio told me we may be getting a little sleet tonight and MAYBE a snow flurry tomorrow. "That's cool" I thought as I searched for a parking place. I ended up taking one about three slots from the road! Inside everyone was a flutter. All the check out lines were busy ~ with people waiting two and three in a line. All of the self scans were busy. All because we MAY get some sleet and a flurry? PEOPLE PLEASE! We may get snow but it will be gone in a couple of days. . .Do you really think you need four loaves of bread and three gallons of milk? Southern snow stays a couple of days at the most, usually and leaves behind mud and slush for a couple of more after that. I haven't heard of any blizzard warnings! As I sit here at the computer and sip my tea all I can say is. . .
Ya gotta laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new back ground!
Laughed at the Walmart madhouse!
Cool pics of the boys!
What did ya send me? Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks,I've been meaning to tell you I like your birthday balloons. And Excuse you! It's your BIRTHDAY PRESENT ~ a SURPRISE!
Love, Mom

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...