Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Heart to Heart


i carry your heart with me
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it(anywhere i go you go,my dear;
and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
ee cummings

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Have you been accused of being hard hearted or heartless? Has your heart ever been broken? Do you carry those you love in your heart even when you aren't with them daily?

Buck and I have learned a lot about the heart since December 2007. His heart is about to have a new experience. On Monday January 19 he will have a TEE so they can look at the health of his heart. On Tuesday January 20 he will have an ABLATION to his heart. He will come home on Monday but will spend the night on Tuesday. They will snake a wire up from his groin to his heart, pass it through to the left side, burn the vessels causing him to go into AFIB, then pull it back through and do the same to the right side. The procedure can last from 4 - 6 hours. Dr. Hanna is known for keeping it around four.

We have been married a great number of years and he is my heart. Pray that God holds him in His hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know we will have Buck in our prayers!I know things will turn out well, and maybe can get that heart of his FIXED!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...