Friday, January 2, 2009

Miscellanea

What? You don't recognize Jakob??
Cheers to you Shaw **
Coleman, do you expect us to believe you're an angel??
Miscellanea ~ a group of things brought together as a collection.
This is my day for miscellanea. When we were in elementary school Wanda wanted to be a Girl Scout. She didn't like it and quit. When I was old enough to be a Girl Scout, Mother wouldn't let me because she assumed I would quit also. Maybe that is why I was a Girl Scout leader for all three of our girls? They have a song "Make new friends but keep the old. . .one is silver and the other gold" I have a couple of new friends I hope to keep until they are gold. Shaw and Coleman are technically my cousins but who says we can't be friends as well? They are the sons of Terrell and Veronica and great huggers. Shaw called me one night after I bought some fruit from him to help the FFA at Oakman. We talked about school and video games. I should make a date with him to play sometime. Maybe he could teach me some tricks. Coleman is quieter but I think he may have a sly streak ~ you know the type ~ all sweetness with a little wicked smile just to keep you guessing.
Today is catch-up day for me. Holidays are nice and I like it when Buck is able to take a day off but MAN does it throw my routine into the dumpster! Gotta roll with the punches, right? I've started yet another diet and exercise program. Buck is pushing for me to quit drinking coffee because it makes my heartbeat speed up. I have no bargaining chip for that one. He is doing great with his diet and has given up lots of things he enjoyed.
We had supper at Ruby Tuesday the other night. They made the mistake of giving us one of those survey things. Our service was TERRIBLE. The food was good once it got to the table but we had plates and glasses stacked on the table and ended up bringing home part of Buck's food and my baked potato that didn't come out with the rest of the meal. Buck saw the survey and said "that was a mistake Hahahaha"
I've been saving cans for Jakob to build a robot. That's one of those projects he is going to do with Kim. They are going to put a motor inside so it will move. In the meantime, he has fashioned a suit of cardboard for himself. Pretty cool, huh?
Guess I should get up and doing something about the things I should have done yesterday - laundry, paying bills, vacuuming ~ woohoo!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

The robot is great! Give a boy some duct tape and cardboard boxes and he can create anything!
Thanks for the intro to the cousins. They are cute!
Love you, Jen

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...