Monday, January 5, 2009

The Progression of Magra

"You are going to be grandparents!" What a joy to hear. Over the next months we discussed what he or she would call us. Our girls call my parents Mamaw and Papaw. They called Buck's parents Granddaddy and Nana. So what were we going to be? Buck was happy with Granddad and that has been his name from the start. I thought Grandma would go nicely with that and after Jakob was born we even had a vanity tag made for me. Jakob had other ideas. When he was learning to talk ~ somehow Grandma turned into Magra. The rest, as they say, is history. I am Magra to all the grandchildren and actually it is kinda cool cause I am the only Magra I know ~ makes me unique. Thank you Jakob.
This was my first grandmother tag.
After Topher was born Magra to the second power seemed appropriate.
(Kim is a Math teacher)
After Sarah was born, I had to explain this one to lots of people.
This tag meant I have 3 grandchildren ~ DUH!
This is the tag I have now.
We have four grandchildren ~ two boys/two girls.
Jakob, Christopher, Sarah and Claire

2 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

That's a cool post! I don't think I remember the middle two. Nice to see them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've always wondered how that came about and what it meant!
VERY INTERESTING!
Sure enjoy your blog! It makes me feel like we are "connected" instead MILES away! Love to you ALL, Teresa

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...