Sunday, May 2, 2010

How does my garden grow?

The birdbath flower bed is coming up nicely.
My "Mother" rose is in full bloom
My "Daddy" rose has some robust buds.
Jennifer planted these (I forget the name)
AND

"The calla lillies are in bloom" Claire Calla Lilly
Sarah Calla Lilly
I have a great new bird feeder
And wind chimes with fat little
"hear no evil"
"speak no evil"
"see no evil"
birdies
Mother gave me two great old cast iron kettles
that are now home to a couple of Gerber daisies.
Sid
and Masha
I got two cool solar lights from Wanda.

I didn't plant these but aren't they great??
And they come in two colors!
Looking down into the pineapple
plant. . . . I don't see a pineapple yet,
do you?
I also have two tomato plants ~ the extent of my vegetable garden this summer. I have some petunias in a couple of hanging baskets but they were uncooperative when I was snapping pictures. Maybe another time. . . .
On to personal news ~
Mother fell on Friday and dislocated her ankle and broke it in three places. She also cut a four inch gash in her leg. Saturday she had surgery and recieved two plates and five screws in her ankle. She is in the local hospital at this time.
Topher's birthday is Wednesday May
5th He will be 8!
Can you believe it??

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Topher is going to be 8? Wow! I had him at 6. Your plants seem to be doing good. They all look beautiful!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...