Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never again (I hope)

I left Colorado on Sunday at 1 p.m. Usually I do my LONG drive the first day but this was not my usual. We got up and went to Sunday school then worship. The girls were playing with a friend and I went over to tell them "bye". Sarah was fine ~ but Claire . . . .hugged me tight and said "Magra, I don't want you to go". Made me want to unpack and stay a few more days.
Obviously, that was not possible. I drove 'til 11 p.m. on Sunday. I stopped in Blackwell, Oklahoma (never heard of it). Monday I was on the road at 6:30 a.m. after stopping for a McMuffin and coffee. Pulled up to the house around 6 p.m. where I was greeted by two of the dogs. Buck met me at the door with a BIG hug and he had picked up a pizza for supper. Nice reception.
Let me tell you ~ it was HARD to find coffee yesterday. The first McD's mocha machine wasn't working ~ so I opted for coffee. After I drove away and got on the road I tasted it ~ tepid! The second McD's didn't have a mocha machine so I opted for an iced coffee ~ BLAH! Finally on my third stop at a McD's I found a mocha ~ I know, I know I'm not supposed to be drinking a lot of caffeine but it was for medicinal purposes ~ no headache from the stress of leaving Jennifer and fam ~ no headache from driving at 77 mph while getting buffeted by 18 wheelers ~ no headache from worrying about what was waiting for me when I got home (Mother, knee high grass, unpaid bills ) but hey NO HEADACHE.
So, on future trips, I will plan better and do the long drive on the first day ~ saving the short end for the second day. Less fuss, less stress, done and done.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...