Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sisters

Sisters are linked for life (whether we want them or not)
If you check the painting behind us you will see we are standing under our picture. (left to right ~ Wanda, Teresa, and Reba) The painting was done from black and white school photos Mother sent to her brother, Wayne Brown, when he was serving in Vietnam. He had the painting done for Mother and Daddy but could not make the artist understand the color of our hair, clothing, or the fact that Teresa was much smaller than Wanda or me at the time. If you are able to look closely at the painting you will notice a slight “Asian” influence in the eye area.

Sisters are an interesting group. We can hurt each other but won't let anyone else say the same awful things we have said. We can make each other laugh until we hurt and hurt until we cry. My sisters and I were not born "friends" but we have become friends as we have grown older and wiser (I hope) We have been called "the pretty one, the smart one, and the funny one" I am the comic relief. I will leave the other two labels for the reader to decide. I like being the funny one because I can be "pretty funny" and have been known to be "smart (aleck) funny". Teresa is quite a bit younger than Wanda and me. Believe me she NEVER lets us forget it. I like to think of it this way ~ the older I get, the older she gets and if I wait ~ she'll catch up cause I'm staying with the age I am for a while ;-) On the other hand; I fully expect Wanda to deck her one day for that very reason. Hope I'm there to see it!

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...