Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wife

I have been a wife almost twice as long as I wasn't. My parents did not encourage me to pursue a degree of any kind or try to establish myself in a career. I was born and raised to be a wife and mother. I have had jobs outside the home but for the most part ~ I've been a stay-at-home wife. I know that isn't very politically correct these days but that's the way it is around our house. That's not to say I sit around twiddling my thumbs all day. I mow all of our yard (almost four acres), take care of the dogs, clean the house, cook the food, do the laundry. The other day I was outside splitting logs for the fireplace. I can fix a toilet and a leaky pipe ~ during the summer I take care of the pool and (knock on wood) our checkbook always balances.

Buck started as a mechanic with Thompson Tractor ~ moved on to a small coal company ~ then a bigger one ~ because of his job we moved to Gillette, WY and then to Fort Smith, AR. When it looked like they were going to cut back or close down ~ we moved back to Alabama where we began. He works too hard and sometimes too long but deep down he enjoys it. I'm very proud of him and where he is now ~ Reed Mining General Manager.

We don't travel as much as we used to but I'm hoping that will change in the coming year. I think we could both use a break from the day to day stuff.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Hey, you posted today! I love that picture of you guys. Have a great day!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...