Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pets

What? You've never seen a jack-a-lope? Buck's Duck
Stripe is adapting to living outdoors

This year for Buck's birthday, Kim brought him a puppy. Stripe stayed inside until he chewed on one of Buck's shoes then it was OUT YA GO! He is a good watchdog (even if he is the smallest dog we have) A few years back, Buck was fortunate enough to go on a duck hunting trip with a group of his friends and he shot the duck. This animal travels well, very little clean up (I dust it from time to time) and it is a good conversation piece. The animal in the other photo can be found in Wyoming. It is a Jack-a-Lope ~ part jack rabbit / part antelope. I believe Wyoming is the only state that has this particular breed. Buck was never able to bag one but when we moved some of his friends got together and presented it to him as a parting gift. Wasn't that special?!?!

Since I take care of the animals; I really like the ones that don't require feeding, washing, or pooper scooping.
I even like cats. . .I just can't eat a whole one by myself :-)

2 comments:

The Willenbrecht's said...

We like the cat comment!

The Wilson's said...

Well I guess I will not be giving Dad a cat for his next birthday!!!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...