Thursday, December 25, 2008

And it's not even Tuesday!

Sometime this afternoon Buck called his aunt in Missouri. Keep in mind that Grace is 96 years old. They talked for probably forty five minutes! She has lots of tales to tell. We learned this past week during the process of Corinne's funeral arrangements and such that during World War II Corinne served in the armed forces (I'm thinking WAVES since Mr. Nibler was fleet Navy and Buck and Chuck were SeaBees) and Grace was a welder building ships! We are planning to go visit her after Buck's doctor visit next month.

Speaking of aunts. . . . say a little prayer for Aunt Pernie when you read this. She lives with Terrell and Veronica and they tell me she isn't doing very well. Aunt Pernie is sister to my papaw, Erskin Brown ~ making her children my cousins AND her husband was Uncle Curt who is brother to my dad, John Panter ~ making his children my cousins. Terrell and June couldn't escape being my cousins! Bless 'em!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

I thought your comment about Terrel being your cousin was funny! I love you.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...