Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Long Goodbye

We thought this was goodbye . . .NOT
What do you think, Dad? Can you fix it??

Ready to roll at last!

When I go to visit Jennifer and her family I try to get up early and leave before the girls are up. I know that may seem cowardly but it works for all of us. I wake Jennifer and we hug and hug and hug then I get in the EX and drive away. There are tears but not as many as would be shed if I had to look in the girls' faces. I turn the radio or CD player up and blast my way along the highway until I can breathe again.

Not so with Lisa. . . .When she comes to visit she can never get away "cleanly". There is usually something that needs to be fixed, tied down, or reloaded. She was home Thanksgiving for an overnight. She was here and poof ~ she was gone BUT not without a little "drama". She was taking back a chair and about seven loads of clean laundry. They were predicting rain that day so we wrapped stuff up and put things in garbage bags to keep dry. . . then Buck tied everything down.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...