Saturday, December 6, 2008

How old is a cousin?

Aaron Bruce and Shawn Michael Panter (grandsons of Terrell and Veronica Panter)
Elijah Coleman and Anderson Brown (grandsons of Wayne and Peggy Brown)

Growing up I remember playing with some of my cousins at our grandparents houses. Now we are grown up with children and grandchildren of our own. Along the way we lost touch and we never seem to get together anymore unless it is for a funeral!
In the last few months, I have been getting to know Terrell and his family. Recently I met his sons, Shaw and Coleman (both excellent huggers). The little boys in the photo at the beach belong to his older son ~ Stan.
The other photo is of our cousins sons. Their moms are Nicole and Natalie. I told Elijah one day that I am his cousin and he looked at me in disbelief and said "No you're not". I guess cousins are supposed to be small enough to play with at grandparents houses.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

What cute boys! That is a hard concept to get...cousins that are not your age. Thanks for the pics.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...