Saturday, February 7, 2009

Romance?

Valentine's Day is a week from today ~ don't forget!
The following is a take on a poem by Christopher Marlowe. The youth of today are much more literal than their literary ancestors, ya think?
Come live with me and be my love?
How shall I answer this request?
I'll say what's in my heart.
I cannot come to live with you,
For love is not enough.
Respect is needed and required.
Love can not pay the bills.
Gifts are nice and delightful,
But the rent is due today.
How shall I live with you my love,
If we the rent can't pay?
Growing up and growing older
Are not the same to me
Of you, my love, I do grow fonder
But I cannot live with thee.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...