Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight Saving Time??

Charles Marvin (Chuck) or as Buck calls him "Turkey"

Chuck and Buck
We visited Chuck on Friday of last week. Chuck is two minutes older than Buck. They served in the Seabees during the VietNam war. When they were younger they raced boats. We met when we were in a psychology class at Walker College. (I actually asked Buck out on our first date to a church hayride!) Their mom called them "the boys" as if they were one person because what one did ~ the other usually did also. Chuck is adapting to being in rehab and is getting some physical therapy. He always knows who I am when I go to see him and even recognized my voice on the phone the other day. Their dad's name was Charles Francis so Chuck is Charles and Buck is Francis. Since I buzz Buck's hair now and Chuck has a mustache there is a difference in their appearance. If you ask, they will readily tell you which is the better looking one. (which ever one you ask)
On March 1st I said something about Daylight Savings Time and how it may be light when I get up at 4:30 in the morning. No one corrected me! If anything it is darker! Now when I get up at 4:30 it is like it was 3:30 ~ DUH! Daylight savings time was a difficult concept for my grandmother, Maw Brown, to wrap her mind around. For the first few days after the switch if it was nine o'clock she would say "but you know it is really only eight".
Lisa is looking forward to her first paycheck. She has "plans" but I pointed out to her that she also has BILLS. She will have some left over but needs to learn they have to be paid before she goes off all willy nilly buying a sound system for her truck and such.
And I am looking forward to leaving for Colorado in 4 days!
Buck made some grumbling mumbling remark yesterday about how while I'm gone he can save his pills and I was quick to point out I haven't left yet! It's all a game. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the picture of Chuck and Buck! Now I know who I sent the card to!
I know you are all excited about the trip! Be careful and have fun, fun, fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always do the anonymous thing and don't mean to...
It's from TERESA!!!!!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...