Monday, March 2, 2009

Alas! It was all a joke?

A winter wonderland ~ in MARCH?!?

Buck tried to get in without letting the snow in.(Didn't work)

Before Church

AND AFTER

Clear blue skies

All that was left of the snow :-(

There was one more photo I received via cell phone of a "full moon" looking out over the snow that I thought was funny but inappropriate for this posting. You know who you are ;-)

On Saturday the weather people starting saying we were going to get some snow. Everyone hustled to the grocery store for "supplies". Yesterday morning when we got up, there was indeed snow on the ground and still falling from the sky. Children all around town were excited about playing in the snow ~ building snow people ~ having snowball fights ~ you get the picture. I bundled up and went out early to start the car so it would be warm for the ride to church. It may sound UN-Southern of me but I like the snow ~ it is so quiet and peaceful. Buck told me there can be snow thunder ~ but I've NEVER heard that before. Snow just drifts to the ground without fanfare ~ just ahhhh. As you can see from the photos, it turned out to be a joke on us. We drove to church in the snow thinking we would come out of services to find our vehicle covered but POOF it was gone. The sun popped out during services and melted everything! The wind was still bitterly cold but no snow! And here's a twist for you ~ today our high is forecast as 40* Colorado? 72*! What's up with that??

11 days until we head for Colorado

Riley, the broken dog, is healing quite nicely. A couple of more days and he will be back outside with Stripe. Hopefully getting hit taught him a lesson about chasing vehicles? It's Monday and time to look at the week ahead. Yes, I know Sunday is the first day of the week but I don't usually worry about what's coming up until Monday. Today I HAVE GOT TO get the tax stuff together because tomorrow we are having our taxes done. Don't be shaking your head at me ~ like you've never waited until the last minute to do something!
Tomorrow I am going to the doctor with Daddy. It should be a short visit since all they will do is evaluate his memory, maybe give him a test, and tell him to come back in a couple of months. The cold gets to him quickly and I'm sure yesterday's snow left him shivering all day. He was at church in the morning in corduroy pants and a heavy coat ~ looking dapper as always ~ but the icy wind was just too much for either of them last night. I am also scheduled to pick the boys up from school since Kim is in Montgomery for the Beta Club convention. I'm not usually the after school person so I don't make them do homework. We'll just play a video game or watch a movie.
Wednesday I will do mundane chores like taking out the garbage and doing the laundry. I'll also be thinking of what to tell you the next time I blog.
Bye for now ~ Big hug ~ Lots of little kisses!

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Great post! Your pictures are great of the Before and After snow.

And, I Know! What's with our weather...not complaining...will get out and walk in it when we get home today. But, I Know!

Anyway, headed home today and looking forward to the week. Love you!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...