Monday, March 30, 2009

Grandchildren

When a child is born, so is a grandmother. Jakob, Christopher, Sarah, Claire
In the same order from the top
Jakob, Christopher, Sarah, Claire
Trying to be profound is not easy for me. We have four grandchildren and as much as I would love to pass along some great words of wisdom, I can't think of any. The best I can do is be their Magra to the best of my ability. To me, Magras (or grandmothers) should be a safe haven. They give love unconditionally ~ no strings attached. You can be bad, sad, contrary, or good, happy, and easy going ~ a Magra will love you through all of that. Thier ages are 9, 6, 4, and 2. There are two boys and two girls. It is interesting to watch they grow, spend time with them (knowing I don't have to discipline) listen to their stories, and laugh when they are silly beyond belief. As a tribute to my grandchildren I wear a tattoo with their linked initials down the middle of my back. Creepy? Cool? I don't ask for approval I just want them to know that wherever they are ~ they are with me. . .not only in my heart but also inked into my skin for all the world to see.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...