Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's snowing

They said it was going to snow today and some of us laughed and said "yeah right". Well, it is snowing today and if it keeps this up we may have something to get excited over. They closed schools at 10:30 so everyone can get their children home safely. Teresa works 11 - 7 and she is supposed to take extra clothes with her in case the day shift can't make it to work tomorrow. Lisa even had to take clothes with her. I was glad to hear that because she thinks she knows how to drive in snow but she really only knows how to "ride" in it.

The pool is closed but wouldn't it be GREAT if it was heated and we could swim while it snowed on us??These are the apple trees in our backyard. Maybe by morning there will be more snow and I can get a starker photo. Here I am with my outside hat. You can see the dusting of snow on the top. I was out with the dogs BEFORE it gets any colder. . .brrrrr. This is Chloe ~ the oldest of our dogs. If the temperature drops into the teens I will put her in the shop. Kaycee is a better "poser" and looked right at the camera. She'll go inside also. This one is Stripe ~ he gets to sleep in the garage.
Riley is the "tough" one. He doesn't get the shop or the garage. He is on his own no matter the weather. He is a good dog and is learning to sit when I tell him. (Lisa thinks he belongs to her but I think he has adopted me)
And finally Mac ~ still a puppy and full of energy. He won't sit still long enough for a face shot. He gets to stay in the shop also. He is part Lab and part Rott? He goes CRAZY when I let them out to run.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Wow! It is beautiful. HOpe you get a little more tonight!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...