Friday, January 15, 2010

A nice surprise

This morning when I woke up it was a regular day. I woke up before the alarm went off ~ as usual ~ but something was different. I looked at the clock and the alarm wasn't even ON! Did I forget?! I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom ~ as usual ~ but something was different. I looked in the living room and the TV was on MUTE! And where was my husband? I walked to the kitchen ~ as usual ~ but something was different. Buck's lunchbox wasn't on the table waiting for me to fill it. His jacket wasn't on the chair where he hangs it every evening. Was I DREAMING? I continued to the garage where I could look outside ~ but something was different. The truck was GONE! I found my phone and called my husband. He answered with "You were supposed to sleep in". HE turned off my alarm. HE muted the TV. HE made his own lunch. What a nice surprise. . . .think I'll go back to bed.

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

How nice! I love a thoughtful jester!

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...