Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two months

It's been two months since Daddy died. I miss him every day but I try not to wallow in my grief. I went to the cemetery and talked to him today. Is that weird? I am trying to get my life back together. After August when he had what we now assume was a stroke it seemed my days revolved around him and Mother and being there for them.
Since his death, my days have been full of helping Mother and Teresa cope with the lose of Daddy and getting on with their lives. People ask them all the time "How are you doing?" sometimes they even ask me "How are your mom and Teresa?" Isn't that funny? They don't ask me how I'm doing. I guess I must be doing okay. I cut my hair today. Nothing drastic ~ just a trim. It was starting to show some damage on the ends from blow drying and braiding so much. It's still long enough to braid (I hope). We'll see if anyone notices. I colored it two weeks ago and so far NO ONE has mentioned it.
This is my new ink. It is on my left shoulder. It is a pocket knife for Daddy because he always carried one. The purple coloring is for "dementia" and "Alzheimer's". I've had it two weeks today and very few people have seen it. Buck, of course, and yesterday ~ Mother and Teresa. That brings my tattoo total to eight.
Bye for now. . . .kiss kiss

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Cool tatoo. Like your hair...you did it? If so, way to go! The pictures don't show the color very well but it looks great!!! Love you.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...