Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And they're off....

Kim, Skoot, Jakob, and Christopher flew to Colorado today. They picked me up at 5:30 a.m. for the drive to Birmingham airport. We stopped at Jack's drive through for a breakfast biscuit then were off....
You can see who was watching the
camera and who was concerned with
mundane things like checking their luggage
Skoot and Kim posed for a quick one
and the boys got in a family shot
This was as close as I could get
to being in line with them at
security
Jakob stuck with Dad
Topher went through ahead of Kim
Then, there I was, standing at the top of the concourse watching them go through security all atwitter with excitement while the German shepherd made his rounds. It was bitter sweet when they all turned to wave at me one last time. I made my way back to the EX and headed back to Jasper. Buck called and asked if I wanted to meet him for breakfast at MickeyD's. Well of course! I enjoyed a second nosh with him then on to my day. Did an errand or two and came home to clean. Mother and Teresa are eating with us on Christmas Eve and they both have SPOTLESS houses....no pressure!
Love you all and Happy first day of winter!!

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...