Monday, October 19, 2009

The best laid plans. . . .

Teresa and I ~ ready to work
I "let" Teresa climb on top of the house
I blogged this morning and thought I knew
But after going to Daddy's the opposite is true.
My trip 'cross country is pushed back a day,
They laid on the guilt,
So what could I say?
Dementia is happening to Daddy for sure;
But me being here won't be a cure.
I'm taking a break to see the girlies
My mind is going in little whirlies.
Dementia or Alzheimer's is a disease that affects not only the patient but also the people who are caring for him. Each of us respond in a different way. Mother is determined to care for him alone for as long as possible, Teresa can't get the tears under control, and they think I don't have any. I have shed tears for Daddy and for myself because he is slipping away but when I talk to him ~ he is still in there and he talks to me. Add him to your prayer list that God will hold him in the hollow of his hand.
To those who have listened ~ thank you.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...