Friday, October 9, 2009

Picture postcards

Picture postcards? Actually these are pictures OF postcards.
I don't know how you feel about postcards but I enjoy sending and receiving them. I try to send interesting ones to family and friends when I am traveling. I am a "card person" and postcards are a great way to say "Hi ~ I was thinking of you while I was away" I also send holiday cards. Did you realize there is a holiday in almost every month? And there are cards for most of them. I start scanning the racks as soon as they put holiday cards out and in between times I look for Thinking of You ~ Miss You ~ Love You cards. But on to postcards I have received this week.... This is Yellowstone National Park. My friend, Tom and his wife Sarah, go there almost every year. If you look closely A. Road was closed due to forest fire B. Road was closed to replace a bridge and C. Road was closed due to a snowstorm. (which by the way ~ put out the forest fire that closed road A.) He is very good about sending me a card each year and they are all different which is pretty cool.
This one is from Jennifer and Arie. I think it is bulletin board worthy, don't you? They enjoyed their vacation in Hawaii last week. She has been trying to get back on schedule this week. The time difference for them was four hours. No big deal you say? Try explaining to a five and two year old why your butt is dragging and they are ready for a usual day of play, play, and play.

This is Lisa's card but I wanted to share it also. What an awesome shot! Arie tried surfing ~ I should have cropped this more and told everyone that is him in the foreground. Cowabunga DUDE! LOL I will be traveling to Colorado in a couple of weeks ~ I'm sure there will be PHOTOS to look at and stories to hear.

No comments:

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...