Saturday, October 3, 2009

m-m-m-m Caffeine!

McCafe is my new friend
Medium mocha ~ whole milk ~ hot
I am not suppose to drink caffeine. And I've been good about staying away from the coffee until Daddy was sick and had to be in the hospital for a few days. After "sleeping" on a chair the allure of coffee called to me and I answered. Since then, Daddy's dementia seems to be getting worse and I've been going by their house in the mornings to visit. It has almost become a habit to drive by McD's and pick up a coffee on my way. I've gotta STOP that. Not only is it bad for my heart rate but I don't even know how many calories are in it (whipped cream and chocolate sauce! Yikes!) I may be "forced" to have one today because Jennifer called last night at a quarter 'til eleven to let me hear the ocean waves from Hawaii. Gotta love her ~ it was only a quarter 'til six there. She was sitting on the beach and thought of me ~ I appreciated that.
What's wrong with this picture?
Last Sunday I wore a hat to church. You would've thought I walked in with no clothes on for all the hubbub it caused. People came up to me to comment on the hat ~ favorably. It was amusing to see the reaction. I can remember a time when most women in church wore hats. Think I'll try a different one this week. Jakob wanted to try it on but I couldn't let him because my hair was "neatly" tucked up underneath.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

you look a lot like your mother in this picture. Yes, I remember the days when Mom wouldn't have thought of going to church without a hat.And wear a pair of pants.Oh Lord.

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...