Monday, October 19, 2009

Three Days

As I prepare for my "flight" to Colorado, I thought you would like to see the bird Lisa and Nicole found. It was sitting on the porch above their apartment and when Nicole reached out a hand it hopped onto her finger. They were very responsible (can you believe it?) and took it to a nearby pet store. The workers told them it is an expensive bird. One of them took it home with her and they (the store people) were going to print and distribute flyers in order to find the owner. I have to say "responsible" because they didn't keep it. When she started telling me the story one of the first things I said was "don't be bringing me a bird!" Everyone knows she is a push over for puppies (which end up at our house).
But on to Colorado. . . .I have birthday gifts purchased, but not wrapped. We passed a pile of pumpkins yesterday and I suggested we stop and get a couple to take to Jennifer's ~ Buck said no. (they were decorations on the square ~ not for sale).
Jakob had his last football game on Saturday ~ they lost 12-6. Not a bad game and he did well. Now all that is going on is soccer for Topher IF the rain will hold off and they can get some games in. I need to try and make it to at least one of Elijah's games. He is the son of Nicole, a cousin. He is a ball of energy and when I see him he always has something to tell me ~ sometimes about his bug collection or the latest frog, spider, lizard he has caught.
I have three more days before I start my trek across country to Windsor. Today I am going to Daddy's to mow his leaves. clean the gutters, and help clean the house. Teresa asked yesterday what time I want to start ~ I said 8 a.m. ~ she wanted to wait until nine so maybe it won't be so cold. Tomorrow I will pull out the suitcase and start the packing process. Wednesday I will finish packing after I do laundry ~ make sure all gifts are wrapped ~ pick up a few snackies for the road ~ and try to sleep. If you are on the road Thursday morning WATCH OUT I enjoy this drive and will blow you off the road if you are in my way.
Big hug ~ little kisses !

1 comment:

The Willenbrecht's said...

Woot, Woot!!! I am shaking with excitement just from reading your post! We are getting our house ready and the fence built. Can't wait to see you! Love, Jennifer

Veteran’s Day in America Buck and Chuck were Navy Seabees,  Their dad was Navy Fleet.  Apparently VERY different.  Had to get some work done...